R G Carter is a private, family owned company which was founded in 1921 by Robert Carter, the current Chairman’s grandfather. Focusing on a
wide range of Construction sectors, including retail, commercial, industrial, leisure and housing, the company is based over 12 locations and includes a
number of technical services companies to support the building companies.
Gates were established in 1920 with premises in South Woodford. In the 1950's Gates expanded into, what was then, Harlow New Town. Gates have remained in Harlow ever since with five generations of family ownership. The new replacement ‘flagship and exciting new concept’ multi million pound FordStore™ will consist of new state of the art showrooms creating a new customer experience, New & Used vehicle displays, vehicle Service & Repair facilities, supported by an extensive Parts & Accessory inventory. The dealership will also have a two storey car park for all new cars to enable customers to view and drive away within days of ordering.
Chairman & Managing Director of Frank G Gates Ltd, Heath Greenall said "With the sixth generation of the Gates/Greenall family in the wings, this new dealership will take us, our customers and our staff into the future of Ford across Essex and Hertfordshire for many more years to come"
Director of R G Carter Southern, James Wilson, has expressed his delight in this exciting new project: "R G Carter are delighted to be working with Gates of Harlow to create this new concept in vehicle purchasing. It is great to be working with another long established family firm, similar to our own, to create what will be a fantastic business".
The new Gates of Harlow FordStore is on target for opening in Q3 2017.
Pictured: Heath Greenall, Chairman & Managing Director of Frank G Gates Ltd with James Wilson, Director of R G Carter Southern on the construction site at Gates of Harlow. Heath and James are joined by some of the R G Carter team along with John Belton, Director- Gates of Harlow and Michael Johnson, Sales Executive.