We are looking for an experienced, fully trained Vehicle Technician to join our busy Aftersales department at Gates of Stevenage.
- Carry out inspections, repairs and services to the highest of standards within scheduled times, meeting company and franchise standards.
- Making sure all necessary Vehicle Health Checks are completed accurately.
- Take responsibility for ensuring all jobs are completed within agreed time frames and that a high level of productivity is maintained.
- Replace components, parts, lubricants and consumables and record usage.
- Adhere to strict Health and safety guidelines at all times.
- A successful track record within a similar role, ideally within a franchised dealership environment.
- Minimum NVQ level qualification (or equivalent).
- The capability to work within a highly successful team.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
Until 31st December 2021, if your application is successful and you are employed by Gates, you will be eligible for a £1,000 Joining Bonus. £500 will be paid to you once you have started work with us and have completed one month’s service, with a further £500 payment after six months service following the successful completion of the probationary period. The payment is subject to tax and NI deductions. All temporary incentives are at Gates discretion and subject to review, variation, and removal. Applicant must apply directly to Gates. Excludes applicants from agencies or any other third-party referrals. This Joining Bonus is only applicable for Vehicle Technician, Service Advisor and Experienced Sales Executive vacancies.