We are looking for a Parts Supervisor to join the Parts department at Gates of Stortford.
To be fully responsible for the day to day running of the department. To assist the Aftersales Manager in all areas of the parts business by following laid down procedures and systems to assist with the smooth operation of the Parts Department satisfying the requirements of the Company and customers. To represent the Company to callers and the general public in a professional manner and ensure that at all times the Company’s objectives of achieving friendly relationship and customer satisfaction are always maintained.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
describe and assess marketing potential and discuss plans with the Group
Aftersales Director and informing Parts Department staff to maintain
commitment and motivation.
- To carry
out interviewing and selection as required with Aftersales Manager.
ensure adherence to all employment policies in line with legislation.
ensure efficient and timely operation of administrative systems and
operating procedures, including; completion of statistical reports by the
due dates and invoicing of all parts
ensure robust process in place to Pre-pick for workshop use minimum 4 days
in advance of appointment date.
- In the
event that the required item(s) is/are not in stock ensure process in
place to telephone around and subsequently progress/chase the order,
keeping the relevant department advised of progress, ensure unused parts are
returned within manufacturer guidelines to avoid obsolescence.
robust process in place to price all eVHC’s in a timely manner to ensure
customer authority and workshop productivity is not delayed.
maintain the parts reception areas to agreed housekeeping standards and
ensure effective display of parts and accessories to promote franchise
administer and resolve all customer parts enquiries and complaints in a
competent and timely manner.
act as required ensuring that wherever possible only genuine franchise
parts and accessories are purchased and sold for franchise vehicles.
Purchases awaiting invoices are checked and cleared on regular basis,
chase outstanding credits from suppliers.
attend training and development courses as required improving management
skills and maintaining awareness of industry methods, practices and
maintain personal and department staff awareness of the Company’s quality
policies and procedures and ensure that staff comply with the general and
departmental procedures described within the relevant annexes to the
Company’s quality manual.
attend quality and management review meetings as defined in the Company’s
documented procedures in order to discuss and address matters pertinent to
the Company’s quality system.
be responsible for your own health and safety and to take all reasonable
care of colleagues, customers and other visitors to the Parts Department.
carry out any related responsibility, task or duty as requested by the
Parts Front Counter:
- To receive enquiries from customers in person and by telephone,
always making them feel welcome.
- To assist the customer in identification of their precise needs to
suggest any related parts the customer may require.
- Utilising the CDK computer system, to identify the bin location
and advise the customer of the price.
- If in stock, to obtain the part(s) and complete the payment
transaction by payment method in accordance with the Company procedures (see
Sales Procedures Policy).
- In the event that the required item(s), is/are not currently in
stock, to take full details of the customer’s name and contact telephone
number. To subsequently locate the required item(s) by checking group stock and
then other manufacturer part stockists. In the event of subsequent delay of
arrival of required item(s) to progress/chase the order.
- Upon receipt of the required item(s), to
contact the customer by telephone and advise that the part is ready for
- At all times to ensure that the parts stock is displayed in an attractive and eye-catching manner and that any Parts displays are kept clean, tidy and in line with manufacturers standards with any waste material cleared up immediately.
- At all times to maintain a security watch of parts items displayed.
- To be familiar with and follow the parts returns policy procedures.
- Identify parts items required by
the Service Department and to then find their location within the stores using CDK
computer system, pre-pick parts in advance of workshop visit.
- In the event that the required item(s)
is/are not in stock to telephone around and subsequently progress/chase
the order, keeping the relevant department advised of progress.
- Ensure eVHC is priced promptly once received from workshop.
- Utilising the system to place orders with the manufacturer (Always checking group stock as priority first).
- To advise Service personnel immediately required items are received in stock and available for issue, ensure return within manufacturer guidelines if no longer required.
- Upon receipt of incoming goods, to place these in the appropriate bin location and update stock records accordingly.
- To maintain a constant surveillance of Parts Stores area to maintain security.
- Upon request to assist with stock takes of items in store, which may extend over the weekend.
- To be familiar with all forms of parts return to both dealer and Manufacturer.
- Check and report any faults to management relating to the safe working of material handling equipment, e.g. forklifts, pallet trucks, etc.
- To keep up-to-date with new parts and product developments reading trade literature and participating in Company sponsored training courses upon request.
- To be responsible for your own safety and to take reasonable care of colleagues and any visitors to the Parts Department area.
- Upon request to carry out any additional tasks associated with the efficient operation of the Parts Department.
Performance Measured By:
- Ability to serve customers and carry out your duties in a friendly and efficient manner likely to encourage repeat business.
- Ability to operate computer facilities efficiently, locating parts quickly.
- Ability to maintain all stock, parts movement and associated documentation and records accurately and up-to-date.
- Ability to handle all types of payment transaction efficiently and accurately, ensuring at all times that the Company’s assets and interests are safeguarded.
- Ability to follow up pre-placed orders successfully and obtain results in terms of rapid delivery.
- Contribution to keeping the Parts Department clean, tidy and attractive.
- Compliance to the Company’s Health and Safety Policy.
- Sales performance against monthly individual target.